The nomination period for the Morning Call Go Red for Women Contest (“Contest”) starts at 5:00AM ET on February 14, 2019 and ends at 11:59PM ET on March 22, 2019 (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each contestant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and The Morning Call, LLC and the American Heart Association (“Sponsors”).
1) Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing within a 75-mile radius of the Morning Call office at 101 North Sixth Street in Allentown, who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Contest Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related) of Sponsors and of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, and/or public relations companies associated with this Contest, are not eligible to participate. The contestants who nominates a potential Finalist (as defined below) may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the entry. Void where prohibited and outside the above-described area. This Contest will be governed and enforced pursuant to Pennsylvania law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: To enter, you must nominate a woman (the “Nominee”) who qualifies as a HEART SURVIVOR & ADVOCATE/EXPERT- a woman who suffers from heart disease or who has made a successful recovery from heart surgery or heart attack, setting an example for other women to adopt heart-healthy behaviors and/or honoring a female professional in the fields of health care, nutrition, exercise or education who has made an outstanding contribution to promote heart health among women, You may nominate yourself, or you may nominate another person. Nominees must be legal U.S. residents residing in the 50 United States or DC and must be 18 or older. A complete entry consists of the following: a) A completed registration form, which can be found in selected editions of the Morning Call from February 14, 2019 – March 22, 2019. b) Answers of 100+ words to this question: Why should this woman win? c) A current photo (i.e., one taken within the past six months) of the Nominee (the “Photo”). Any entry that does not contain all elements will be disqualified. Photo size cannot exceed 8” x 10”. Photo must be of only the Nominee, no other persons should be visible. Altered or electronically enhanced images will not be eligible. Limit one Photo per entry. Please note: Sponsors prohibit HIPAA-covered entities from using or disclosing any protected health information (“PHI”) in connection with any entry. Do not provide any PHI in connection with your nomination. Submit your complete entry by mail to the following address: Women of Heart, The Morning Call Marketing Department, 101 North Sixth Street, Allentown, PA 18101, or by hand delivery to Women of Heart, The Morning Call Marketing Department, 101 North Sixth Street, Allentown or go to: www.mcvip.me/womenofheart to submit your nomination electronically. Electronic entries must be received by the close of the Contest Period. Mail-in entries must be received by Friday, March 22, 2019. Limit one entry per outer mailing envelope. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, postage-due, garbled, corrupted, mis-delivered, or misdirected. Limit one entry per person; multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by any contestant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that contestant may be disqualified. Nominees may be nominated by more than one contestant. Entries (except for the intellectual property rights in the Photos) become the property of The Morning Call and will not be returned.
3) Finalist Selection and Notification: On or around Monday, March, 25, 2019, the winner will be selected by designated judges from The American Heart Association and The Morning Call, among all eligible entries based on the following criteria: Nominee deemed most deserving based on the challenges faced; generosity shown to others; contributions made to the individuals, our community or country; the individual’s work or the example she has set to advance awareness of heart health or to promote heart healthy behaviors; number of years in the profession: or other characteristics that, in the sole discretion of the judges, make those Nominees “unsung heroes.” Sponsors will attempt to notify the winner by phone on or about Monday, March 25, 2019. A winner will be disqualified and the next leading entry may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries in that Category if: (a) a winner does not respond within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined. Each potential Finalist will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as certain tax documents, and any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsors within 24 hours of the time Sponsors send it to Finalist. Failure to return such documentation will result in that Finalist being disqualified, and Sponsors may choose next leading entry in that Category as an alternate Finalist. Alternate Finalist must fulfill the criteria set forth above.
4) Winner Selection and Notification: After the judges have voted and a winner is chosen, the sponsor will attempt to notify the winner by phone on or about Monday, March 25, 2019. On Sunday, April 21, 2019 the winner will be announced in a full page ad in The Morning Call’s Go Red for Women special section. A winner will be disqualified and the next leading entry will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries if: (a) a winner does not claim his or her prize within 24 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
5) Prizes and Delivery: The Finalist who wins the Grand Prize will receive a Women of Heart Prize Package. The Women of Heart Prize Package consists of a prize package supplied by the American Heart Association, $100 Gift Card to Susan Bella Jewelers and two tickets to the Go Red Luncheon on May 10, 2019 at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks in Bethlehem, located at 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA 18015. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $500+. Total ARV of all prizes: $500+. All costs, taxes, fees, and any expenses associated with any element of the prize not specifically addressed above, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize winner’s responsibility. Prize winners will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prizes are not transferable. Only Sponsors may elect, at their discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value because of lack of availability. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsors award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prize will be presented to winner at the American Heart Association Go Red for Women Luncheon on May 10th, 2019. Sponsors are not responsible for loss, delay or damage in delivery.
6) Submitted Materials: By submitting a Photo, contestant represents and warrants that the Photo submitted: is the original creation of the contestant or that contestant has all rights necessary to submit the Photo; has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; contains no defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing or otherwise unlawful material; has never been previously published or submitted to any other competition; does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary or privacy or publicity right of any person or entity; and is the exclusive property of the contestant. Contestant further represents and warrants that no laws were broken in the creation of the Photo and that, if the Photo contains a picture of a Nominee other than the contestant, the contestant has permission to submit the Photo of the Nominee. If a contestant breaches any of these representations and warranties, or any of the Official Rules, he or she is solely responsible for injury caused by the breach. Violation of any of these representations and warranties will be cause for disqualification. Contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsors harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. Each contestant grants to Sponsors an irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, fully transferable license to use the contestant’s Photo, and any ideas contained therein, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in any manner related to the Contest, Sponsors, including but not limited to advertising for Sponsors, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Contestants otherwise will retain all rights to their Photo, and the Sponsors’ publication of their Photo will not limit their use and ability to further market the Photo. Each contestant agrees that the Sponsors have no obligation to use or continue using the Photo. Photos that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize. The Sponsors make the final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Contest and may be considered for a prize.
7) Other Conditions: Sponsors will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Contest, and their decisions are final and binding in all respects. By entering this Contest, each contestant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from accessing the Contest website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsors to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsors in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsors’ right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
By entering the Contest, contestants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsors and their agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
8) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason the voting portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of the voting portion of the Contest and processing of votes in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by contestants or voters, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the voting portion of this Contest. If the voting portion of this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsors will determine the winners by applying the voting criteria set forth above to all eligible, non-suspect online votes received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation and all mail-in votes received by the deadline set forth above. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Morning Call website. Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit any contestant, Nominee, or voter from participating in the Contest if, at their sole discretion, Sponsors find such contestant, Nominee, or voter to be tampering with the voting process, or if such contestant, Nominee, or voter shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsors determine to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other contestant or Sponsors; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsors assume no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate voting information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of votes at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Contest website or any combination thereof.
9) Winners List: For an Official Winners List (available after June 1, 2019), send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Marketing, The Morning Call, 101 North Sixth Street, Allentown, PA. 18101. All requests for Winners List must be received by December 31, 2019.
10) Sponsors: The Morning Call, LLC, 101 North Sixth Street, Allentown, PA 18105 and the American Heart Association, 212 East Broad Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018 and Susan Bella Jewelers, Allentown, PA.